4 November 2015

Liberated from my Hard Drive

This is an old dramatic monologue that has never before seen the light of day. It was obviously ashamed of itself...


Image:Original Artwork, Ink & Acrylic on Canvas, Sally Douglas


On The Line                         


I didn't mean to get into this mess

Just got in with the wrong crowd
on the dark side –
found myself one morning crumpled
and screwed up
 – in a dirty dive –
let myself be taken for a ride


But oh, it was exciting  –
whizzing around with a new gang
feeling a bit of rough
letting myself be run through
by the blues

but now
I see it’s changed me


My other half won’t know me now

he’ll hang around with others
(clean as clean and white as white)
who have an
almost
matching rib


I am blue
and no one else is blue like me

I pray for
bleach




Sally Douglas

No comments:

Post a Comment