7 November 2015

Art and Poetry

I've been doing a lot of writing from art recently, but I also have intermittent bouts of creating art. I get frantic with the paint and the ink and the camera, throwing myself into creating something without the intermediary of words. I make a lot of stuff in a rather intensive fashion, and then go back to writing again. I find I can't do both at the same time.

It's liberating, sometimes, not using words; and it's also great training. It gets me looking at things a different way, and this often feeds back into my writing. So I thought I'd share on this blog some of the pictures I've created over the last few years.

You'll find the link for my new page 'Visual Art by Sally Douglas' at the top right of this blog, or click here.


Here's a taster:

Landscape and Reflection. - Sally Douglas.
Acrylic on paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment